What is derma roller?
Derma roller is a handheld roller device covered with microneedles ranging in length from 0.25 to 1.5m, well-equipped to roll over the skin and treat various skin concerns.
- The roller studded with microneedles is rolled to create tiny punctures on the skin.
- This triggers the skin repair leading to the creation of new collagen.
- The short term wounding of the skin is aimed at triggering of the production of a protein, that transforms the skin into its all-new healthier and strengthened version.
Dermarolling can effectively treat the effects of-
- Premature aging on the skin.
- Acne Scars
- Stretch marks
- Clogged & enlarges pores
- Encourages hair growth, when used on the scalp.
- Increases blood flow to the hair follicles.
- Inhibits proteins that cause hair loss.
- After the use of Dermaroller, you have to guard your skin as it can easily catch skin-harming elements and damage itself further.
- You should never try a new skin product on the skin that’s freshly needled and exposed.
- Dry skin
- Sun sensitivity
- Mild inflammation
Dermarolling is much like weight training or any other work out regime where you create small tears in your muscles to make the muscles stronger than before. Derma rolling is capable of exposing the deeper layers of the skin to the benefits of topical ointments, treatments, and products leading to a therapeutic effect.
In other words, after a dermaroller therapy or procedure, your skin opens itself up and becomes more susceptible to the effects of anything that comes into its contact. Therefore it is very important to protect the skin from pollution, heat or dirt for it to heal properly.