What is Fraxel Laser?
Fraxel laser is a medical procedure used to give a new life to your skin by rejuvenating and restoring it by using lasers to create tiny "columns of thermal destruction" that stimulates the growth of new, healthy skin cells by replacing old and damaged cells. Fraxel therapy is a quick and comfortable laser procedure used for resurfacing and enhancing the overall appearance of your skin.
After applying the topical anesthesia to the skin the handpiece is run over the targeted area. It destroys dead skin cells and boosts the production of newer and healthier cells. The treatment is quick and takes between 20 and 30 minutes. The targeted skin is directly exposed to the laser, and the neighboring untreated tissue encourages rapid healing and stimulation of collagen which adds firmness and elasticity to the skin.
Who can opt for Fraxel Laser?
Fraxel laser treatment is the best option for people who have the following skin concerns-
- Acne and its Scars
- Other scars left behind after an operation or injury
- Open Pores
- Wrinkles and age lines
- Discoloration and uneven pigmentation
- Irregular skin texture
- Actinic Keratoses (precancerous lesions)
Fraxel laser treatment has little-to-no downtime and the results of the procedure can usually be seen in two to three months.
The benefits of Fraxel laser treatment is manifolds and spaced around the following-
- Improved tone and texture of the skin.
- Reduced wrinkles and shrunken pores.
- Removal of unwanted brown spots.
- Diminished acne scars and surgical scars
- Effective therapy of pre-cancerous lesions (actinic keratosis)
- Excellent treatment useful for face, chest, neck, and hands
- Skin appears red and burnt for the initial few days.
- Edema (swelling) is common.
- Mild itching as the skin becomes dry.
- Rare chances of skin infection.
After-treatment care is crucial for optimal results. Following simple steps improves results-
- Keep the skin moist and hydrated
- Avoid exposure to the sun
- Avoid application of any harsh products
- Avoid peeling and picking of skin
- Do not exfoliate
Have more concerns? Contact us for more details.