Laser Tattoo Removal
Laser tattoo removal is a new-age procedure used extensively to remove unwanted tattoos on your body. It is often performed as an outpatient procedure with local anesthesia.
The main reasons why people go for a laser tattoo removal treatment:
- When they regret a tattoo that’s already made or no more fits their current state of mind.
- It is also recommended for people experiencing some infection or allergic reaction from a tattoo on their body.
- You will be given eye protection to shield your eyes against the laser beams.
- Our laser specialist will check your skin’s reaction to the laser and determine the most effective energy for treatment.
- In most cases, Q-switched lasers are used for a laser tattoo removal, which release energy in a single, powerful pulse and are often considered as the most preferred choice of lasers for a tattoo removal. A special type of laser called a Q-switched Nd:YAG is used on darker skin to achieve optimum results.
- The technician uses the laser light to pass pulses of intense light through the top layers of the skin that will be absorbed by the tattoo pigment.
- After the procedure, little swelling, blistering or bleeding can be experienced. Antibacterial ointment can help promote healing. You can repeat sessions to lighten the tattoo further.
- Smaller tattoos require fewer pulses while larger complicated tattoo designs need more.
- Though the treatment can be done without any anesthesia but the doctor can apply topical anesthesia cream depending on the location of the tattoo.
- Use an icepack to soothe the treated area immediately after the procedure. Cover it with sunscreen when you are under the sun. Ojasvi Skin Clinic is the best tattoo removal clinic to get rid of those unwanted tattoos.
- Your tattoo removal site is at risk for infection.
- There is a slight chance that the treatment will leave a scar.
- It is unlikely that the tattoo will be removed completely.
- Optimum results can be achieved with repeated sessions. Black & blue tattoos respond amazingly well to lasers.